Saturday, March 2, 2019

adams - impossible to suffer, it doesn't exist

Robert Adams
Excerpt from: Satsang
It is virtually impossible to suffer because suffering doesn’t exist
When we talk about absolute reality, or Parabrahman, there are no words, for everything I would tell you about that would be superfluous. We therefore learn to be quiet. We no longer get involved in complications. We keep our lifestyle simple. We actually stop worrying about the future, about our existence or about anything else. Something tells us from within that the same power that knows how to make apples grow on apple trees, flowers bloom so beautifully, mangos grow on mango trees, wheat grow in the fields, and yet there’s just enough sun, just enough rain, just enough of everything to sustain and maintain their growth, something tells me that the same power knows how to take care of me. I can therefore be myself, silent.

Silence is consciousness. I no longer have to make something happen, and I no longer have to worry about tomorrow. I no longer have to concern myself with what other people are doing. I can let go of all of this and I will be taken care of. The realization again comes to you that what you call your body is not your body, but is also consciousness. It appears as a body. As you keep evolving you keep seeing consciousness wherever you look, for you have seen yourself as consciousness and you know there is only ultimate oneness. Therefore everything must be yourself. Everything becomes yourself and you are that, and you’re at peace. From that moment on everything takes care of itself.
What appears to be your body comes under karmic law, the law of cause and effect. Remember, that’s an appearance, and your body, so-called, came to this earth for a specific purpose. It will fulfill its purpose without any help from you. That’s the important part I wish you would remember. You will be fulfilled without thinking, without wanting, without worrying, without any kind of concern. All your needs will be met. Everything will unfold the way it’s supposed to. There are no mistakes. No one came to this earth to suffer.
I know there are some of you who believe, "Well I must have committed some great sins in the past, perhaps in previous lives, because I’m sure suffering now." Are you really suffering? Is there such a thing? Think about that. The only reason you think you are suffering is because the world is not turning the way that you want it to. Isn’t that true? You think you should be this instead of that, you should live here instead of there, you should have this instead of that, and that’s what causes you to suffer. But when you become one-pointed, and focus your attention on your self, it is virtually impossible to suffer because suffering doesn’t exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment