Wednesday, March 13, 2019

like a chalkboard - adams

When you have a problem, when you have some sort of confusion. You simply ask
yourself the question,
"To whom does this come?
Who has this problem?
Or who has this karma?"
And pretty soon the answer will come by itself, "I do."
Then you further ask,
"From where does this I come from?
What is the source of I?"
You abide in the I, you hold onto the I. You start to use a meditation called, "I-I," You simply abide in the I as long as you can. And you follow the I thread into your spiritual heart.
You say to yourself, "I, I, I, I,I, I."
You remember that everything in the world is attached to I. Isn't it?
Think of all the times in your life you've said, "I. I feel sick. I feel depressed. I feel
happy. I feel out of sorts."
Who is this I that you're talking about?
Is it your body?
It can't be your body.
Because when you sleep and you wake up you say, "I slept."
When you dream, you wake up you say, "I dreamt." And when you're awake you say, "I'm awake."
To whom are you referring when you say, "I?"
Find out, go within, ask yourself,
"Who am I?
Where did I come from?"
But never answer, just pose the question, "What is this source of I?"
and one day you will realize that
I does not exist. When you follow I to the source, one day there will be like a big explosion and you will see myriads of light particles all around you. You will then realize that the whole universe is nothing but a bunch of light particles.
Yet this is not the answer.
For where did the light particles come from? They come from no thing, from nothing. And nothing is consciousness.
Consciousness is like space.
It has no shape. Yet it takes the shape of every creation. It appears to take the shape of the world, of people. Everything is consciousness.
Consciousness is like a chalkboard. And the objects of the world are like images on the chalkboard.
You can draw any image that you like.
You can draw an Indian.
You can draw two people fighting.
Two people making love. And then you erase it and draw something else.
But the chalkboard never changes.
The chalkboard is always the same.
So it is with you.
You go through all kinds of experiences. But the realization is that you are not the
experiences you're going through. You are consciousness, that is your real nature. Think about that.
~ Robert Adams Satsangs

No comments:

Post a Comment