Monday, March 18, 2019

all awareness - adams

People still ask me, "Robert, what do you see when you look at us? Do you see
energy? Do you see consciousness? Do you see a play of lights? Do you see emptiness?"
If I saw any of those things I wouldn't be able to function. I see what you see, you! The only difference is, I realize I am not the body. And when I say, "I'm not the body," I'm speaking of the universal body, which contains you.
Therefore, if I'm not the body, and I see that, I see that you are also not the body.
I simply see the world as superimposed images on the screen. But I'm always
aware that you are images. And so is the body, and so are the trees, and the sky, and the planets, and the animals, and the insects, and everything else. For some reason I'm always aware of that.
I'm aware that it's like a bubble, and the bubble bursts, and the reality ex-
presses itself as consciousness.
Therefore I see you as you see me, but I see you as consciousness, the reality. Or I
see you as I see myself, as a screen, and the whole universe is simply a superimposition on the screen. I do not see you as a human being. I do not see this radio, or the lamp, or this table, as a entity of itself. I see it as consciousness.
This doesn't mean that consciousness manifested these things. As I always explain, consciousness is self-contained, and only manifests itself. These things are like optical illusions. They do not really exist, as a dream does not really exist.
In the dream you're carrying on, you're flying back from New York to California, you're experiencing all kinds of things in your life, and everything appears to be real. But you wake up and the bubble is burst.
So I guess the only difference between you and me is that I'm always aware of
that. If you're always aware of that, there's no fear. Fear only comes when you believe the world to be real.
When the world proves to be an illusion, where is there fear?
What in the world can upset you, if you know the world is but a dream?
You may say, "Well it may be a dream, but I don't want to be hurt in the dream. I want my dream to be smooth and easy. I want to be happy and harmonious and healthy."
If you think in those terms, you are not aware yet of what consciousness is. Consciousness transcends all of that. Consciousness is divine harmony.
None of those things exist.
I realize that's hard to comprehend. The worst things can appear to happen to my
body, to my affairs, to my life, yet I am aware that it's not happening. I'm not imagining that it's not happening. I'm not repressing it. I'm not saying to myself, "Robert, you've got to see only the good." It's beyond all that. There is no good. There is no bad. It's total freedom, total liberation.
Look at it this way. You have an idea what God is because God has been branded
into your head since you were a little kid. Can you imagine God having fear, of anything?
Or God going through any kind of experience?
Or God saying, "This is good, this is bad,
this is right, this is wrong, I'd rather have this than that?"
There is no duality in God.
So the universe is ultimate oneness. Ultimate oneness is another word for divine harmony. It is beyond all concepts and preconceived ideas. The human mind cannot comprehend it.
Suffice it to say that all is well. It is when we begin to quiet the mind that you
come closer and closer to this understanding.
It's when the thoughts begin to stop, when
they slow down, that you become more aware that all is well and the reality comes to you by itself.
As long as you keep identifying with the world and the things of this world, you
can never know the truth about yourself.
And again you may say, "Well, I've got to function in the world. I've got to work,
I've got to have a family, I've got to look after my interests." Who says you don't? But it has nothing to do with you.
You have to understand that your body will take care of itself. The dream will go
on by itself. You will do whatever it is you came to this earth to do, without you thinking about it, without you trying to make something happen, without trying to straighten out anything in this world.
This is what I mean when I say,
"Be yourself. Just be yourself. Live
in the eternal now." That's being yourself.
Be spontaneous.
Allow the world to unfold as it should.
Do not be judgmental.
Look at everything fresh and new, with awe. Have reverence for all of life, and ask yourself, "Who am I?"
Then things will begin to happen.
~ Robert Adams Satsangs

No comments:

Post a Comment