Wednesday, April 3, 2019

let go - mooji

“It is as if on meeting for the first time, all you want to show me is the photo album of your childhood. I say, ‘But we are here now.’
You say,’This was me when I was six, seven, and, look, fifteen.’
I say, ‘But you are here now! You are better and greater than any photo album. You are fresh. That album is not fresh.’
You are fresh, but something doesn’t trust that. You want to retain something, as if that were to make the ground you stand upon more solid.
Why are we afraid to just be what we really are? Because if you say to yourself, ‘I have to let go of my story,’ it feels like you are losing something valuable, and this is seen as increasing your suffering. But actually, this is how you let go of your suffering.”
~ Mooji

No comments:

Post a Comment