Monday, February 18, 2019

nothing - Adams

Robert Adams
1.2.3.
1, you have to develop humility. You have to open your heart to loving kindness.
2, you have to forget about yourself and your problems, as if they never existed, and help others, give of yourself to others, because there is only one self, and I am is that.
3, you have to stop quoting teachers and telling yourself that I am Brahman, I am no-mind, I am consciousness, for that really inflates your ego.
You have to stop comparing yourself with anybody or anything. In other words, you have to become nothing, and that hurts some of you, because you say, "After all I've gone to school for fifty years, I've got a profession, I'm doing this and I'm doing that. And now you tell me I have to become nothing?" Well, consciousness is nothing, it is no thing. What you call God is nothing. So if nothing is good enough for God, it should be good enough for you too.
Can't you see now that when you say to yourself, "Well, I'll never be nothing, I'm somebody. I've studied for years, I'm somebody important," can't you see now that this is what holds you back? Every sage has come to the point where they have thrown away the scriptures, thrown away the books, thrown away their body, thrown away their knowledge, and thrown away themselves with a small s. When you get rid of all that stuff, then you become your self.

No comments:

Post a Comment