Monday, February 18, 2019

a cosmic joke - adams

Robert Adams Excerpt from: Satsang ‘Follow the I thread to the source and become liberated.’Look at the world. The world is a cosmic joke. It appears to be real, the good things, the beautiful things, the horrible things. They are all imposters. This world is a world of duality. For every good there has to be a bad. It has to balance. For every bad there has to be a good. For every up there’s a down. For every forwards there’s a backward.We can never understand this world. It's too complex. Get out of it, not by committing suicide, but by transcending the mind and body, and awakening to your real self. That's how you get out of it. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. Stop paying so much attention to your thoughts, to the world, to your body. Let come what may. Surrender totally to yourself. Yourself is God, consciousness. Begin to identify with the I am, not with conditions. Leave conditions alone.
As I told you before, you are not responsible for anything. Get rid of your guilt feelings. Turn within. See the truth. Become the truth. Do not look to others for advice, what to do, how to live. Be a lamp unto yourself, as the Buddha said. All the answers are within you.
There is no thing that wants to hurt you. It is all in your imagination. It is your imagination that causes your problems. Now do not let what I tell you make you cynical or sarcastic. While you are on the path of self discovery, you help others. You do what has to be done. It will happen by itself. If you're supposed to feed the homeless, then feed the homeless. It will happen by itself. If you're supposed to go live on top of a mountain, and never see civilization again, it will happen by itself.
Today, think, "What is this thing I am attached to? What is so meaningful for me in this world?" and realize it’s that which is keeping you back. Let go of it mentally, by turning within, and realizing that, "I feel this. I feel I need this." Where does the I come from? Follow the I thread to the source and become liberated.

No comments:

Post a Comment